Wedding & Sales Coordinator
Borris House, one of Ireland’s premier exclusive wedding venues, is currently recruiting a part time Wedding & Sales Coordinator to join their team.
We are looking for an experienced individual with passion, drive and enthusiasm for the role, someone who a proven track record in a similar position and has the ability to work on their own initiative.
The position has an immediate start and salary is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, highly organised and very customer focused to ensure that guests are dealt with in a friendly, professional and efficient manner at all times.
The candidate should have previous Wedding and Events Coordinator experience with good attention to detail to ensure all specific requests are delivered to our customers.
- Computer literate.
- Have the ability to work to a flexible schedule.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills.
• Always representing the image and reputation of Borris House to its best with an outstanding positive attitude with a professional manner at all times when meeting prospective clients and when dealing with enquiries over the phone and by all means of correspondence.
• To be first point of contact for all wedding enquiries from enquiry to booking to wedding day via all means of correspondence.
• Conduct wedding show arounds of Borris House and gardens.
• To ensure all wedding enquiries and reservations are accepted, recorded and confirmed in an efficient, timely, courteous and professional manner.
• It is the job of the wedding planner to create the master plan – from the wedding date and venue to the seating arrangements at the reception – to make that vision a reality. This includes creating budgets, checklists, schedules and function sheets.
• Prepare administration and organisation of all wedding & event bookings and build a detailed event profile for each client. Understand the importance of gaining an excellent understanding of all customers’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
• Delivering customer requirements and accurate presentation of contract/quotations to win contracts/sales
• Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales and securing with deposits in line with company procedures.
• Continually conducting market research to gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses needs and requirements and future buying trends.
• Continually liaising with the hotel Sales & Marketing team to ensure best practice with regards to all business conducted within Borris House.
• To be aware of current wedding targets, actual budgeted and forecasted business levels and to focus at all times to achieve these targets.
• To be aware and analyse all forth coming business on a regular basis and be aware of all daily and future business requirements
• To coordinate wedding billing with the relevant department in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all function sheets are accurately and correctly completed and ensure a smooth handover of all said details to the Operational Team.
• To be familiar with all Wedding and Banqueting facilities and services in-house.